I feel like Sisyphus.
I have this burden that is somehow attached to me called the MCAT. I have to get it on top of this hill, but I never seem to get there. Studying and cramming formulas into mind gives me confidence. I start recalling these formulas from classes, some of which I literally took 8 years ago, and it makes me feel good. "Hot damn. I can do this," I say to myself.
I take a practice test and that shatters my confidence. Almost no improvement. I have no choice but to keep studying. This emotional roller coaster ride is not very fun for the psyche. I feel a bit drained.
Let me give you some stats.
Test March 4 : 84/144 = 58% percentile: 23-28
Test March 19: 86/144 = 60% percentile: 23-28
Test April 2 : 86/144 = 60% percentile: 23-28
Test April 6 : 94/144 = 65% percentile: 50-56
Note, that last one is a fluke. The boost in score was only from the reading and not from any other section. The technical sections did not deviate from the previous tests. The reading passages weren't that hard and I was totally on top of it that day.
I find it interesting how getting 8 more questions right boosts my ranking up so much. I guess it really does come down to answering 5 or 6 more questions more correctly gives you that extra advantage. It's hopefully something I can use to my advantage. My goal is 75 percentile or better.
Edit: I have 16 days
No comments:
Post a Comment